Our business is growing and we are seeking an additional team member to assist us with our business and our vision! This initially will be a part-time position with approximately 10 to 12 days a month (mostly flexible); later hoping to turn in to a full-time management position (35 to 40 hours) for the right person.
We offer a fun, team approach working environment surrounded by beautiful clothing, jewelry and home decor everyday! We also offer a generous in-store discount and somewhat flexible hours*.
- Must be able and willing to follow directions from the owner
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to climb a ladder
- Must be 100% customer focused
- Must be somewhat flexible in scheduling *(see below)
- Must be able to work some (but not all) weekends and/or holidays which would be very limited (we are closed on New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Should be fashion forward, stylish and have an eye for home decor
- Must be able to stand on their feet all day
- Must follow the shop's core values, mission and way of doing things at all times
- Must be able to determine what is needed to do without being asked
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act somewhat as an assistant to owner and follow directions given to you by owner either verbally or written.
- Act as a sales consultant to customers by recommending the right products and/or accessories.
- Be dependable
- Be able and willing to break down boxes, clean bathroom, sweep, dust, mop, organize, etc. when asked and needed.
- Unpack, check-in and price merchandise accordingly.
- Be able and willing to re-merchandise product and/or vignettes as needed.
- Cater to our customers and always make the customers top priority.
- Must be able work work both by themselves in addition to one or more other associates.
*Flexible Hours - We realize you have a life and we get that! We would never require or ask that you work every weekend. However, we are a retail shop and the owner needs to travel a bit in order to attend buying shows to bring exciting unique products to the store! You would not have a set schedule but will try to work around and/or accommodate the right candidate. Position starting out is for 10 to 12 days a month; later more as the candidate moves in to a full-time (30 hours a week) managerial position. The candidate will most likely be required to work 2 Saturdays and one Sunday per month and possibly 3 or 4 Fridays a month. However, another scenario may be that the candidate works 6 days straight (while owner is traveling) and has the next 6 days off. This allows the candidate to also be able to travel!
If you have what it takes to be a part of our team, please send us an email with a brief summary of your qualifications and why you would love to be a part of our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Interested? Please contact us!
*All applicants will undergo a background check and will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.